Summer Intern – People Business Partner
Internship, People & Environment
United States - NY, New York
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 22, 2023, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
- Gain real world experience and exposure to the HR Business Partner function and develop skills and knowledge relevant for an emerging HR professional
- Understand the opportunities and challenges across a growing Life Sciences company
- With guidance and mentorship, you will be responsible for:
- Support for Global Sales People Partner including system change requests, following up on requisitions, collaborating with HR Operations on escalations, follow up on employee inquiries.
- Operational Excellence Projects that contribute to efficient and effective management of human resources policies and operations, work on onboarding to improve the new hire experience for Sales
- Data & Analytics Support: Compiling and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data utilizing Microsoft Excel (e.g., workforce demographic data, performance management, learning metrics)
- Support and conduct exit interviews as needed
- Excellent organization skills and ability to adapt to new environments
- Project Management skills, ability to set priorities daily and reset as needed
- Analytical skills required
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and multi-task
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
- Results oriented and strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Workday experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with a client first mindset
- Diplomatic, tactful and discreet concerning confidential information
- Willingness to learn
- Throughout the duration of the internship program, you must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Psychology or a related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Rising Junior or Senior
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base hourly pay range for this position is $25.00 with a $3,500.00 sign on bonus.