Technical Content Strategist (Open to Remote)
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
We use Confluence, Jira, Google Analytics, Acrolinx, Pendo, and Zoomin to inform and deliver our content. You will work on several agile teams, gathering input from UX, Product, PMO, Engineers, and Testers on new features and updates. You will also work with the Translation Team to procure content in the non-English languages we support.
We also provide API documentation, and you may publish updates in an OpenAPI format in GitHub.
Who we are looking for:
We are responsible for Medidata's front door into the user's journey through our platform. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, as a Technical Content Strategist you will design and write the online help, release notes, and related content for the login page, home page, and our customer-facing administrative tools.
- Be a team player, with open mindedness toward diversity and inclusion
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into concise user content
- Familiarity with many of the tools we use
- Ability to work on API Documentation
- Ability to read basic code can be helpful
- Familiarity about knowledge infrastructure
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to balance long team assignment with short team deliverables
- Ability to balance periods of writing solo and periods of collaborated with your team
- Succeed through rapid changes in the team or Company
- Respond to constructive feedback
- 6+ years writing experience with software or online systems, both in technical writing and API Documentation
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Communication, Engineering or scientific discipline, or related experience
- Clinical experience is helpful
- Interpersonal and communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear and concise user content
- Familiarity with tools such as: Confluence, Jira, Google Analytics, Acrolinx, Pendo o Ability to work on API Documentation
- Project Management skills a plus
- Ability to read basic code a plus
- Familiarity about databases, networks, and knowledge infrastructure a plus o Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $79,500 to $106,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $84,000 to $112,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $78,000 to $104,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $70,125 to $93,500.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $71,250 to $95,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.