Technical Support Engineer
Sales Business Administration
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The Technical Support Engineer is a technical expert who acts as the primary contact between different support teams and core engineering teams. They handle work requests (which can be internally or externally generated) that have been routed for diagnosis and implementation while regularly updating internal and/or external customers. The Technical Support Engineer will handle work requests directly, or solicit assistance from the core engineering teams within the R&D team for non-known issues/defect reporting. They would also identify application defects, then test and document them for the core engineering teams to fix as part of the product.
The Technical Support Engineer is a seasoned analyst who has a proven record of customer satisfaction, a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the previous support teams.
- Provide support for internal and external customers
- Manage work requests that describe particular issues, software bugs or customer problems
- Develop appropriate fixes or SQL scripts to resolve customer problems, or identify existing scripts or patches that must be applied
- Provide general process analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in weekly (and occasional weekend) on-call rotations for off-hours important issues escalation
- Participate in taking calls (during business hours) from VIP customers for urgent issues
- Distinguish between application database, operating system, network, and hardware problems and properly take ownership of issues through to resolution
- Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Provide accurate and complete problem resolution documentation for future reference and management reporting
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledge base data
- Continually increase subject matter knowledge on Medidata products
- Interact with other Medidata teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
- Reproduce technical problems, debug systems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients
- Experience using Incident Management and/or Project Management Software
- Experience with multiple integrated software products/services
- Ability to query/modify data using SQL scripts
- Experience with working with customers to resolve complex issues in a professional manner
- Finding innovative workarounds to issues
- Experience with Git, Visual Studio, Virtual Machines, Excel, Postman or any API/REST client
- Team Working skills
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences, or equivalent engineering experience
- Basic experience with Ruby and HTML code
- Experience with API/web services.
- SQL training/work experience