Technical Support Engineer
Sales Business Administration
United States - NJ, Iselin
The Technical Support Engineer is a technical expert who acts as the primary interface between first/second line support and core engineering teams. He/She is responsible for handling work requests (which can be internally or externally generated) that have been routed for diagnosis and implementation while regularly updating internal and/or external customers. The Technical Support Engineer will handle work requests directly, or solicit assistance from the core engineering teams within the R&D team for non-known issues/defect reporting. The Technical Support Engineer would also identify applications defects, then test and document them for the core engineering teams to fix as part of the product. The Technical Support Engineer is a seasoned analyst who has a proven record of satisfying clients. He/She is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the first/second line support.
- Provide support for internal and external customers
- Manage work requests that describe particular issues, software bugs or customer problems
- Develop appropriate fixes or SQL scripts to resolve customer problems, or identify existing scripts or patches that must be applied
- Provide general process analysis and make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in weekly on-call rotations for off-hour critical issues escalation
- Distinguish between application database, operating system, network, and hardware problems and properly taking ownership of issues through to resolution
- Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Provide accurate and complete problem resolution documentation for future reference and management reporting
- Take part in the creation and maintenance of knowledgebase data
- Continually increase subject matter knowledge on Medidata products
- Interact with other Medidata teams to ensure application efficiency, effectiveness and conformance with regulatory and legislative controls
- Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences
- Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL specific training/work experience
- Basic experience with C#, Java, Visual Studios and ASP.NET
- Sound analytical, organizational and planning skills and the ability to achieve multiple team and customer objectives independently and in a deadline-sensitive fashion
- Superior organization and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with application debugging
- Ability to work independently but with a team-focused approach within multi-disciplinary teams and quickly adapt to job requirements changing on an ad hoc basis
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Customer focus and a proven pro-active approach, ability to understand and define customer needs quickly and effectively
- 1 – 3 years experience working in a regulated environment
- Basic experience with Ruby and HTML code
- Java debugging knowledge
- Knowledge of Tomcat Apache web server
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical / Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.