Technical Support Specialist
United Kingdom, Hammersmith
Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist are to provide support to end-users by identifying, researching and resolving problems and issues; create and conduct operational and technical trainings for clients; and partner with Sales, Marketing, and Account Management to meet clients’ needs. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist provides technical product support to both internal and external customers, who use or support the use of Medidata Products. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist receives issues that the Tier I team could not resolve. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist is a seasoned analyst who has a proven record of satisfying clients. He/She is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the Tier I team. He/She takes an active role in ensuring that any escalation outside the Technical Support Specialist team is handled promptly and effectively by the different Medidata functional areas.
- Create and maintain necessary knowledge objects, in applicable languages, which will be used by all Customer Success teams
- Provide users with support on technical, operational, and user/account-related issues, on the phone, via e-mail/ticketing system and/or in person
- Identify, research and resolve all client problems, questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Coordinate support resources for all problems and issues not resolved during the initial contact with client
- Flexibility to work varied shifts and availability for on-call rotation and off-hour Critical Issues escalation
- Monitor and ensure 100% accuracy of all escalations and work requests throughout the day and consistently resolve, de-escalate, or further escalate within the required client Service Level Agreements
- Coordinate issue resolution efforts with other departments to ensure timely and efficient resolutions are met and customer satisfaction is upheld
- Maintain proper tracking of problem resolution and conduct trend analysis for reference and management reporting
- Distinguish between application, operating system, network, and hardware problems, with an understanding of IT systems design, analysis, and integrations
- Ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Experience with MS Outlook, MS Windows, MS Office Suite, Microsoft SQL Server,
- Ability to understand and write SQL scripts to extract and update data from databases
Your Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience