Technical Training Specialist
Research & Development
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
- Work in conjunction with the Customer Support Management Team to finalize requirements and specifications
- Design, Develop and Implement robust Training Programs for the Customer Support Technical Specialists, Engineers and Help Desk when needed
- Draft and maintain updated training documentation and presentations
- Continuously Collaborate with Product Managers to ensure you are on the forefront of all new rollouts and/or any changes to existing products and be prepared to train on or provide refresher training sessions for the staff
- Develop and execute a robust Quality Assurance Plan to review a sampling of tickets and identify areas and opportunities for improvement. Track, Trend and Measure on a periodic basis.
- Measure and track the impact of all training programs
- Develop skills within supporting systems
- Create/update associated controlled documents, as required
- Assist with gathering and preparing quarterly KPI’s and metrics
- Assist with collaborating with business users to identify and document CS related business processes and requirements for the development and implementation of internal systems used by CS.
- Able to work independently and escalate as required.
- Participate and organize design sessions to identify functional gaps and opportunities for improvement
Level Description - A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
The Technical Training Specialist is responsible for conducting technical training for our Customer Support Technical Specialists, Engineers and (where applicable) the Help Desk covering subject matter that includes but is not limited to complex situations for all Medidata Products and Processes.
He/She collaborates with customer, product and functional organizations to develop specifications for course content. They will prepare and deliver training materials that reflect current product features.
The Technical Training Specialist instructs participants in both classroom, virtual and laboratory sessions and follows-up to determine applicability of course material.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree
- 3-5 years developing, managing and delivering training and/or quality control programs
- Strong Training
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Leadership, Coaching and mentoring
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City / New Jersey. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than NYC / NJ, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $75,000- $80,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.