Technical Writing Intern
Internship, Software Development
United States - NY, New York
At Medidata, interns will have the opportunity to accelerate their careers by working closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable, hands-on, full-time work experience. By being a part of our global organization, interns have the opportunity to work alongside our talented and committed professionals helping them to build a strong foundation for achieving their career goals. For 12 weeks, beginning May 22, 2023, interns will have an opportunity to gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a Medidatian. United around a single goal of empowering smarter treatments and healthier people. Medidatians work in a culture of curiosity, innovation and fun. You will be contributing to the line of business with sustainable and meaningful work.
Our Summer Internship program also includes instructor led training, guided mentorship, exposure to senior leadership and community service. In addition to individual and specific related responsibilities, each intern will participate in our Intern Innovation Lab. Assigned to cross-functional teams, interns will work closely to develop an innovative solution to a business problem currently facing Medidata. As they work diligently to present their final solutions to a panel of top Medidata leaders, we are confident that our interns will make a significant impact on our business.
The Technical Writer Summer Intern engaged in documentation efforts in AI Clinical Operations will train and contribute to cross product content visualization represented in smart diagrams and information mapping, using tools such as Confluence, Pendo and Draw.io.
The Intern will:
- Bring new thinking and perspective to the table in content creation
- Alleviate some of the current documentation needs for various products in AI Clin Ops
- Enhance cross product collaboration for content creation and
- Train in new skills and TCS processes
- Learn about 3DS Medidata products
- Experience working in an Agile, multinational environment
- Contribute to innovation and technology in 3DS.
The intern will engage in the following:
- Assist Lead Technical Content Strategist with documenting content in Confluence Knowledge Space
- Shadow Lead Technical Content Strategist on a new/existing project from start to finish, assisting with gathering requirements in an Agile documentation delivery process, attending planning meetings and reveals, reporting status in scrum calls and designing a space planner and building a knowledge space
- Build domain knowledge through participation in product reveals and taking assigned courses
- Train in use of new tools – Confluence, JIRA, Pendo, Draw.io.
- Participate in absorbing and applying writing guidelines – Minimalism, Writing for Translation, and Every Page is Page One (EPPO) and implementing the guidelines in planning and creating new content in Confluence.
Any of the following courses as a major/minor toward a Science/English degree with strong writing skills, published or college paper/articles, and good interpersonal skills :
- Principles of Software Documentation
- Introduction to Technical Writing
- Style Guides and Standards
- Planning and implementing new content
- Global Communication
- Design Principles in Writing
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $32.00 to $37.00 per hr with a $3500 sign on bonus.