Test Automation Lead
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata is looking for individuals who will help us tackle some of the most complex questions facing the industry today using our proprietary platform and advanced analytics. At Medidata, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all of the key stakeholder functions including product, delivery, data science, engineering, partnerships, and biostatistics. Successful Medidata AI candidates will be skilled in analytical/quantitative thinking, structured communication, and excited about building the next horizon of Medidata’s mission to power smarter treatments and healthier people.
What we're looking for:
You will work in a collaborative environment with Testing, Engineering, Product and Project Management to create test automation to support a new generation of software solutions for Medidata.
As a Test Automation Lead, you are responsible for the test automation strategy and framework using the Robot Framework for Patient facing products, such as myMedidata Registry and eConsent. You will develop and maintain UI and API tests. You will participate in execution and team adoption of testing, automation tools and best practices.
- Work with product manager, Business Analyst, UX designer and architect to define technical product requirements and collaborate within agile teams to drive user story/tasks creation along with Test Automation activities to ensure appropriate test automation coverage and strategy
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology focused on developing automated tests within an iteration
- Apply automated tools to help test applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Develop a test automation framework and produce test automation scripts for UI & services
- Implement the automation strategy by developing and executing automated scripts using automated tools such as Robot, WebDriverIO, selenium, Gherkin
- Manage test automation through the continuous integration process.
- Lead the a global delivery automation team
Requirements (Education & Experience)
- Experience with software development and testing principles and experienced in a range of testing techniques and tools
- 5 to 8+ years of experience designing frameworks using WebdriverIO, Cypress, Espresso or equivalent tools
- Experience designing API automation framework using Rest Assured or equivalent tool
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, and data structures
- Capability of communicating with cross-functional teams and taking charge of projects independently
- Work with other members of the QE team and provide technical guidance to peer Quality Engineers members
- Lead a skilled, motivated team by providing direction, coaching and mentoring
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes and AWS Cloud environments
- Good experience with CI/CD process and implementation
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $114,750-$141,488.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $121,500-$162,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $113,250-$151,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $101,250-$135,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $102,750-$137,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.