Vice President, Product – Medidata AI (NY or Boston)
Research & Development
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Medidata AI provides all the data, tools and insight our clients need to reimagine clinical trials and propel innovation. We connect clinical historical insights and real-world data to increase trial success probability. As Vice President, you will bring needed leadership to reimagine the product strategy and execution for Medidata AI. Medidata AI is a young and fast growing part of the Medidata business, and requires a strategic and experienced leader to define the scaled product strategy and deliver the next wave of growth to the business. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Head of Medidata AI.
- Serve as a product leader to develop integrated product strategy for Medidata AI solutions based on market intelligence, customer needs, and Medidata AI differentiation targeting the next wave of growth and scale
- Define the overall offering set including products, wraparound services, and managed services that will make up the Medidata AI portfolio of the future
- Oversee development and delivery of individual product strategies and roadmaps across all product areas for Medidata AI, balancing short- and long-term priorities against various business needs.
- Work directly with customers to deliver key messages around our solutions, understand needs, test strategies and roadmaps, and collect feedback
- Serve as a voice and thought leader of Mediata AI in customer meetings, conferences, and other public events
- Manage P&L for product solutions and manage to topline and bottom line targets. Work with Medidata AI leadership to define resource requirements and tradeoffs and prioritize resources effectively
- Given the scope and content of product releases from Product Strategy, establish timelines for those releases, and manage the development and validation efforts to those timelines
- Manage Product Management, Design, Commercial Strategy, and PMO teams. Develop and grow talent through effective mentoring, development, coaching, and inspiring with a focus on talent management and instilling a growth culture.
- Manage the General Availability process for new releases by coordinating with other groups within Medidata, such as IT, Training and Professional Services
- 15+ years experience in software product management and/or systems delivery, exposure to systems that support clinical research the clinical trials/clinical development environment with a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company, or CRO.
- Experience building a scaled, successful data and analytic SaaS product business
- At least 15 years of experience in the full scope of product management (i.e., developing product outlook and roadmap, engaging with customers and driving development, coordinating launches, and ensuring post-launch success).
- Experience with cross-functional teams including software development and software quality teams.
Your Education & Experience:
- BS or higher preferably in marketing, business, information systems or life sciences. Additional advanced degrees are considered a plus.
- At least 15 years management experience.
- Analytical, written and communication skills.
- Experience presenting at industry trade shows.
- Familiarity with application development processes, SCRUM/Agile exposure.
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City or Boston. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $216,000 to $288,000 for New York City. The base salary pay range for this position in $212,250 to $283,000 for Boston.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.