Vice President, Research Site Engagement (Remote)
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Your Mission: Our team focuses on improving the future of the life sciences industry by helping Medidata identify and strategically partner with sites and other clinical research stakeholders to build the next generation of clinical trial solutions that truly fits the needs of the end-user.
We work with senior leaders, customers and external specialists to identify strategic market opportunities for Medidata products and to develop ways to involve Site stakeholders in planning for product offerings and enhancements. Our projects will span a broad range of areas but will always be important to Medidata’s future success. They include long-term strategy, market opportunity assessments, collection of external experience and leading our annual planning process.
This visible role requires collaboration skills both with Medidata’s professional services, product leadership teams, and line-managers across the organization, while maintaining the voice of the Site and advocating for their specific needs. You will report directly to the SVP Customer Success & Product Enablement.
- Builds and maintains existing relationships to sites, academic medical centers, and healthcare communities with an understanding and empathy for the site perspective in clinical research
- Understands importance of eClinical site solutions for successful clinical trials
- Ability to own and grow relationships with SCRS, ACRP, and other key site focused industry alliances, globally.
- Oversees the launch and growth of the Site Insights Program, in concert with Medidata’s Patient Insights Program.
- Oversees the Site Insights Board, SiteTech Board, and other industry collaboratives to elevate the site perspective in software development.
- Ability to identify most important issues facing sites with a focus on solving key issues around adoption and change management for success
- Collaborates with partners and team members with conflicting points of view to create agreement for proposed solutions.
- Collaborates with the Patient Insights Program to uncover key insights into both the site and patient perspective to develop and implement meaningful engagement strategies.
- Identifies new and innovative solutions to deliver a unique clinical trial experience that supports the ongoing needs of research sites
- Is a recognized expert in sites’ needs, attitudes, and behaviors and how those needs influence adoption of technical solutions for the successful clinical trials.
- Develops and leverages a network of trusted site stakeholders to shape and influence next generation site solutions.
- Acts as the voice of the site for Mediata at industry events and conferences
- Passionate to create solutions that create smarter treatments and healthier people. Familiarity with life sciences industry a plus
This visible role requires strong collaboration skills and will be aligned closely with the VP, Patient Engagement Patient Cloud.
Your Education & Experience:
- BA/BS required. MBA or other life sciences/technology graduate degrees are strongly preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of work experience, of which 3+ years in strategy consulting/management.
- Additional work in healthcare/hospital settings focused on clinical research is a plus.
- Additional work-experience in software or life-sciences businesses is a plus.
- Proven results in cross-functional project management in fast-paced, highly matrixed environments
As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the NYC Metro Area is $184,500-246,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the California Bay Area is $194,250-259,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in the Boston Metro Area is $181,500-242,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in Texas or Ohio is $162,000-216,000.
The salary range for positions that will be physically based in all other locations within the United States is $165,000-220,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.