Medidata Launches Medidata Link, the First Centralized Technology Solution to Connect and Analyze Patient-Level Clinical Trial Data and Real-World Data
- Medidata Link connects patient-level Clinical Trial and Real-World Data to enhance understanding of therapeutic efficacy and outcomes, enhance safety and reduce patient and site burden
- Fully integrated with the Medidata Unified Platform, Medidata Link works across paper or eConsent models, seamlessly collects data at multiple research sites, has pre-built integrations with a variety of tokenization technology partners, and connects to the industry’s broadest ecosystem of real-world data
New York, NY – October 7, 2021 -- Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, today announced the launch of Medidata Link at NEXT Global 2021. Medidata Link is the only centralized solution to connect patient-level clinical trial data and real-world data (RWD) – powered by and fully integrated with the Medidata Unified Platform – providing any clinical trial run on Medidata Rave EDC (electronic data capture) the option to conduct data linkage.
“Medidata Link provides the opportunity to enhance evidence generation activities, including needs that were not originally anticipated, which allows sponsors to collect trial data and connect it to patients’ RWD,” said Sastry Chilukuri, co-CEO of Medidata. “This transformational capability bridges evidence gaps, and helps create the insights necessary to save time and bring more confidence in clinical decision making.”
Medidata Link enables customers to generate a “token” to connect the patient’s clinical data in the Medidata Unified Platform to the industry’s broadest RWD ecosystem in a secure, compliant, and scalable manner. Medidata facilitates the de-identification process by providing a user-friendly collection process for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) through site-facing capabilities and the myMedidata patient portal. This creates a seamless integration with the rest of the clinical trial workflow and is agnostic of consent methods. The solution protects sponsors from the risks of directly holding PII, while streamlining third-party data privacy certifications so that only certified data is transferred to sponsors. Medidata is partnering with HealthVerity and Datavant to establish pre-built integrations to enable this de-identification and linkage to a broad RWD ecosystem.
Medidata Link helps sponsors, trial sites, and patients to:
- Gain a head start in evidence generation: Begin collecting real-world patient-level data during the trial to jump-start evidence generation and patient insights; for completed trials, RWD sets can bolster patient-level data about specific participants, rather than waiting for general RWD to accumulate after launch.
- Enhance data collection beyond a single trial: Track longer-term patient outcomes, safety, and insights not captured within the finite period of the clinical trial, to generate evidence to support payor and provider discussions; fill gaps for unanticipated questions, or understand outcomes for patients lost to follow-up.
- Reduce patient and site burden: Reduce the need for burdensome follow-up visits, leading to lower patient attrition and reduced burden for sites.
Medidata Link offers a significant opportunity to better understand a patient population and therapeutic outcomes before, during, and after the trial. By connecting patients participating in a trial to RWD, drug developers can save years by not having to wait until the trial concludes to start generating real-world evidence (RWE) that can inform medical and future pipeline decisions. Unrivaled in analytics, clinical and commercial expertise, Medidata allows sponsors and CROs to generate the best evidence and insights from their connected data.
Medidata is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes, which with its 3DEXPERIENCE platform is positioned to lead the digital transformation of life sciences in the age of personalized medicine with the first end-to-end scientific and business platform, from research to commercialization.
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,700+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company (Euronext Paris: FR0014003TT8, DSY.PA), is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @Medidata.
About Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is a catalyst for human progress. We provide business and people with collaborative 3D virtual environments to imagine sustainable innovations. By creating virtual twin experiences of the real world with our 3DEXPERIENCE platform and applications, our customers push the boundaries of innovation, learning and production. Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 290,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.
3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass icon, the 3DS logo, CATIA, BIOVIA, GEOVIA, SOLIDWORKS, 3DVIA, ENOVIA, NETVIBES, MEDIDATA, CENTRIC PLM, 3DEXCITE, SIMULIA, DELMIA, and IFWE are commercial trademarks or registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes, a French “société européenne” (Versailles Commercial Register # B 322 306 440), or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Senior Director, Corporate Communications & Affairs
External Communications Director