Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A
United States - NY, New York
Medidata: Powering Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of people. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 2,000+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Known for its ground-breaking technological innovations, Medidata has supported more than 30,000 clinical trials and 9 million study participants. And Medidata’s ongoing commitment to infusing the patient voice into trial designs and solutions is helping to create a better and more inclusive experience for all participants in clinical studies. Medidata is involved in nearly 40% of company-initiated trial starts globally, with studies conducted in more than 140 countries. More than 70% of novel drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2022 were developed with Medidata software. Medidata is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
The successful candidate must be located in the NYC area and will be required to work onsite a minimum of 2 days per week.
As a Financial Analyst of the FP&A team, you will be a finance business partner to several functions. You will partner with the functions to ensure operational plans are aligned with financial goals, and provide insights and suggestions to help Medidata make the right decisions to propel the business forward. You are expected to perform analyses, provide insights, own opex budgeting, forecasting and monthly plan vs. actual performance analysis for your functions while supporting long range planning.
You will work with a talented FP&A and Strategic Finance team, and receive mentorship and hands-on support to develop your career. This role is based in NYC, requiring you to be in the office at least 1-2x weekly to benefit from team engagement and partnering with senior leaders and drive cross functional initiatives. You will report to a FP&A Manager.
- Be a trusted advisor to leaders of assigned functions and support their budgeting and forecasting activities
- Support Medidata’s consolidated monthly and quarterly reporting process, including performing trend and variance analyses in tandem with the accounting team to facilitate accurate financial close
- Provide transparency into actual results and forward-looking analyses, including foresight into investment needs, margin trends and competitive benchmarking.
- Analyze historical performance to understand trends and key drivers. Make recommendations to improve performance and processes based on findings.
- Identify opportunities to and work with analytics team to develop enhanced financial and operational KPI dashboards within Tableau and Adaptive
- Collaborate with teams across Medidata and our parent Company, Dassault Systemes, including Accounting, Tax, HR, Pricing, Commercial and Operations
- Support ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives
- Experience building relationships across the organization, communicating and presenting ideas to management and influencing decision-making
- Data analysis and financial modeling experience required
- Experience turning financial data into relevant insights that support sound decisions
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements
- Advanced Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) modeling skills, presentation skills required
Your Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience in FP&A or financial consulting is required
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $79,500 to $106,000.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.